Nanodialysis is bringing innovative products into the market of blood purification and dialysis based on nanostructured materials. Nanomaterials offer a great potential for the detoxification of blood allowing miniaturization of blood treatment and dialysis devices. The focus is on the following product lines.
- Sorption materials and catalytic processes to improve blood purification in current dialysis systems
- Miniature portable artificial kidney for use as a handy home hemodialysis device
- Miniature wearable artificial kidney for continuous blood cleansing via the abdomen
The miniature portable and wearable artificial kidney is an ideal solution for end stage renal diseased patients providing a significant improvement in their health status and quality of life. With many important features for both the patient as well as the healthcare system.
- Improved blood purification via adsorption filtering
- Improved health condition thanks to continuous or semi-continuous treatment
- Increased life expectancy
- Higher mobility and employability
- Less nursing and medical care needed, resulting in lower healthcare costs