Nanodialysis is bringing innovative products into the market of blood purification and hemodialysis based on new nanostructured materials. Nanomaterials offer a great potential for the detoxification of blood allowing miniaturisation of blood treatment and hemodialysis devices. The focus is on two product lines.
- Sorption materials to improve blood clearance in current hemodialysis systems
- Wearable kidney offering continuous blood cleansing via a lightweight artificial kidney device
The wearable kidney is an ideal solution for end stage renal diseased patients providing a significant improvement in their health status and quality of life. With many important features for both the patient as well as the healthcare system.
- Improved blood purification via adsorption filtering
- Improved health condition thanks to continuous treatment
- Increased life expectancy with 10-15 years
- Higher mobility and employability
- Less nursing and medical care needed, resulting in lower healthcare costs